Do you know the difference between expectation and expectancy? For many people, these two words are interchangeable.
Expectation means you have a strong belief that something will happen or be the case in the future. This is what we anticipate, what we desire, what we wish for. Expectancy is a feeling something is going to happen – it’s the feeling you have when you’re expecting something.
For me, the difference between expectation and expectancy is action, and walking in expectancy is about actively doing something to move forward. It’s the action that then gives God something to bless, because as I’ve said before, God knows what you’re waiting on when he sees what you’re working on.
So, for instance, if you say you want to be a New York Times bestselling author but you have yet to sit down and write a word, how do you think that’s going to happen?
In today’s episode, we’re going to go further into this idea of walking in expectancy and how you have to actively do something in order to move closer to the thing you desire.
This episode is brought to you by our complimentary Purpose Chasers community. Want to share your aha moments with a group of like-minded purpose chasers from all over the world? Visit iamapurposechaser.com and join NOW.
How to Walk in Expectancy Takeaways
- You can be committed to vision, but not attached to how you get there. – Patrice Washington
- I came, I conquered, and if you know me, then you know that’s just another story and you will be seeing a lot more from me. – Miss Jamaica, Davina Bennett
- Sometimes I stop and thank God for the prayers he didn’t answer. – Patrice Washington
- Walking in expectancy is about trusting that no matter what happens, everything is working together for my good. – Patrice Washington
- God knows what you’re waiting on when He sees what you’re working on. – Patrice Washington
- Walking in expectancy means confidently looking for favor at every turn. – Patrice Washington
- Your journey can’t only be about what you want, it has to also be about who you want to become in the process. – Patrice Washington
For me, I thank God for the many expectations I had that didn’t go as planned because the way I’ve been stretched and the lessons I’ve learned and the people I’ve met have been some of the biggest blessings of my life.
Now, I’d love to hear from you. What expectations have you had that didn’t go as planned and what did you learn from them? Have they helped shape who you are today? And what about expectancy? Are you actively walking in expectancy? Let us know in the comments below.
To advertise on the podcast: http://www.patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: https://www.facebook.com/groups/redefiningwealthcommunity/?ref=bookmarks
Join Patrice’s Pod Club: http://www.patricespodclub.com
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth