Nehemiah Davis is a true example of what one can achieve if they try. At the age of 31, he is an award-winning author, entrepreneur and philanthropist. He was raised by his mother and grandmother, and even though the odds may have been against him, he started his first business at age 21 and started giving back almost immediately. He now runs three businesses and the Nehemiah Davis Foundation which helps disadvantaged youth, feeds the homeless in Philadelphia, and helps people all around the world.
It's time for part two of the Results NOT Resolutions series. Nehemiah Davis is here to talk about how every one of us deserves our own circle of greatness. We talk about how Nehemiah and I met. Nehemiah shares what the circle of greatness is. He also talks about seeking counsel from mentors who have done what you want to do and expanding your mind. He shares his story and how changing your mindset can change your life. We also talk about entrepreneurship, giving back, finding mentors, and having a network.
- An Instagram profile and a chance meeting on the street led to Nehemiah being able to propose on the Steve Harvey show thanks to Patrice. That is the power of relationships and not looking for anything in return.
- We are blessed to be a blessing by creating connections for people and not expecting anything in return.
- The circle of greatness is a community that connects people that can help support one another. It's great when one person creates connections, but it's even greater when it's an entire community creating connections.
- Keeping resources in the circle and having people smarter and sharper than you in your circle is the key to success.
- It's important to seek wise advice and counsel from people who have done it. If you want to become a millionaire, learn from a millionaire.
- Now is the best time to get into entrepreneurship and create your wealth.
- Nehemiah teaches kids how to be entrepreneurs and create their own jobs. It’s so important to learn the mindset.
Quotes from the show:
“If you bless people for the right reasons, you don't have to dangle it over their heads forever.” - Patrice Washington
“Stop doing a million things a few times and getting upset about the results.” - Patrice Washington
Finding a mentor is the fast track to your success formula. - Nehemiah Davis
“Your Circle of Greatness is created by connecting people who can compliment you in your growth.” - Nehemiah Davis
“You only grow to the extent of those that are around you.” - Nehemiah Davis
“The moment you put in your mind it won't work, it won't work.” - Nehemiah Davis
Nehemiah’s Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
Waking up every single day and being able to do what you love to do.
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
Living your passion.
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
Fill-in the Blanks… “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Nehemiah Davis and the truth about wealth is being able to wake up, do what you love, and generate income from doing what you love.”
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: http://www.iamapurposechaser.com
Join Patrice’s Pod Club: http://www.patricespodclub.com
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth