Does grief always have to be reserved for the loss of a loved one, friend or pet? Can you experience grief with any loss like the loss of a job, loss of normalcy or loss of your finances?
According to Herdyne Mercier, Chief Grief Crusader and host of the Redefining Grief podcast, grief is a natural response to any loss and you have the right to grieve anything you want.
In the midst of this global pandemic, it’s normal to experience grief and not even realize that’s what you’re experiencing. You might be grieving the loss of your job, the loss of your income or the loss of being around friends or visiting your parents, and that’s normal and okay.
In today’s episode, Herdyne walks us through the anchors of grief and goes deeper into explaining why grief is normal and natural and how embracing grief and our grieving process is one of the best steps we can take for our future.
This episode is brought to you by our complimentary Purpose Chasers community. Want to share your aha moments with a group of like-minded purpose chasers from all over the world? Visit iamapurposechaser.com and join NOW.
To learn more about Herdyne, visit www.herdynemercier.com
To register for her upcoming Master Class on grief, visit www.herdynemercier.com/masterclass.
Stop Policing Grief Takeaways
- It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of everyone; the living should take this to heart. – Ecclesiastes 7:2
- We should give people the dignity of their own grief process. – Patrice Washington
- Grief has no timeframe. – Herdyne Mercier
- Stop policing my grief because none of us are immune to heartache. – Herdyne Mercier
- The ability to tell the truth about your heartache is freedom. – Herdyne Mercier
- When you connect with someone who sees you, hears you and validates your feelings – that’s power. – Herdyne Mercier
- I know what darkness is and I’m not going back so I have no choice but to anchor in my faith. – Herdyne Mercier
- I want to die empty and die knowing I gave it my all. – Patrice Washington
As we’re all navigating life differently now, a lot of us are probably grieving our schedules, our titles, our routines, our income, etc. – and that’s okay. Grieve what you need to grieve, but also know that this time can produce a new normal that’s more glorious than how things were before.
Let us know what you’re grieving about and how you’re processing that grief in the comments below.
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Herdyne’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid
How do you define success:
“Knowing how to say goodbye.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
Believe Bigger: Discover the Path to Your Life Purpose by Marshawn Evans Daniels
Find book here: https://amzn.to/3aFctBn
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Herdyne Mercier and for me the truth about wealth is it is important to seek wisdom so that you can leave a legacy of wisdom and pass it down from generation to generation.”
To advertise on the podcast: http://www.patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: http://www.iamapurposechaser.com
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth