If you’re a parent, then you already know parenting isn’t always easy, and parenting in the time of COVID-19 is something altogether different.
Our kids want to go to school. They want to play with their friends and have birthday parties and sleepovers, and go places. And they can’t do any of that right now.
Not only that, but for those 8 to 10 hours they were at school every day, they’re now at home. And you’re home with them trying to manage everything.
It can be a lot to handle, and it’s why I invited Dr. Deborah Tillman, host of America’s Supernanny and author of Parenting on Purpose, to give us parents some actionable steps we can take to be better, especially in the wake of this pandemic.
Join us as Dr. Deborah breaks down the reasons why parents need to encourage, connect and respond to their kids. As she says, “It’s important to give children the space they need to communicate what’s wrong and not be judged on or criticized for what they say.”
This episode is brought to you by Purpose 2 Platform, a 20-week business accelerator and mentorship program that will get you clear on HOW to package your PURPOSE, communicate your PROMISE to your ideal audience, choose the best PLATFORM for your personality and lifestyle and create a PREMIUM offer.
Through this program, you’ll receive accountability and support in a dynamic community designed so you can finally make progress and be ready before you even need to pull that trigger on what’s no longer serving you.
Book a Breakthrough Call today at https://patricewashington.com/talk
Parenting on Purpose Takeaways
- I don’t have the desire to be a public success and a private failure. – Patrice Washington
- True leadership starts in the home and the quicker we get that, the better parents we will be. – Deborah Tillman
- If we say children are the future, then we better do our part now so they have a future. – Deborah Tillman
- You can’t expect people outside your home to be a better role model than you are to your own family. – Deborah Tillman
- Give children the space to communicate what’s wrong and don’t judge them for what they say. It may seem insignificant to you, but it’s not to them. – Deborah Tillman
- Know your child’s Distinct Natural Ability (DNA). – Deborah Tillman
- Love is spelled TIME and we have the opportunity now to give a whole lot of it. – Deborah Tillman
How will COVID-19 change your relationship with your kids? Will you get to know them better? Will you get creative and come up with new ways for them to learn? Will you resume family dinner and encourage open communication?
Let us know in the comments below how you plan to use this COVID-19 lockdown to get to know your children better.
Find Deborah Here: https://www.deborahltillman.com/
Join Deborah in Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/pg/DeborahLTillman/
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Deborah’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“Jesus. Jesus. Jesus.”
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Deborah and the truth about wealth is that it comes from the inside.”
To advertise on the podcast: http://www.patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: http://www.iamapurposechaser.com
Join Patrice’s Pod Club: http://www.patricespodclub.com
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth