When it comes to getting clear and committing to your truth, what do you think is involved? And if you’ve spent your whole life pleasing others and doing what you think they’d want you to do instead of what your truth tells you to do, then how do you change?
According to Varian Brandon, a transformational business and leadership coach and an expert in helping her clients stand boldly in the truth of who they are, you’ve first got to tell yourself the truth.
For Varian, the equation of power is Truth2 + Voice = Power. Truth2 means truth to yourself first, then truth to others. For many of us, we won’t even tell the truth to ourselves, which makes it impossible to tell the truth to others.
In today’s episode, Varian and I unpack this idea of Truth2 and get into how she became committed to truth. Join us as we cover everything from Princess Diana to setting personal boundaries.
This episode is brought to you by our complimentary Purpose Chasers community. Want to share your aha moments with a group of like-minded purpose chasers from all over the world? Visit iamapurposechaser.com and join NOW.
Committed to Truth Takeaways
- Unprocessed pain always becomes a part of your personality. – Varian Brandon
- We don’t know people. We think we know people by what they look like, what they do and where they come from, but we don’t know people at all. – Varian Brandon
- You have a choice not to like me and it doesn’t mean I’m bad. It just means that you’re exercising your choice. – Varian Brandon
- I’m not a selfish person, but I am a self-first person. – Varian Brandon
- I’m not attached to money and because I’m not, it has no leverage. – Varian Brandon
- Truth is about awareness – you don’t automatically have to go to judgment. – Varian Brandon
- Tell the truth to yourself knowing that then you get to decide what you want to do with that truth – if anything. – Varian Brandon
- The most powerful thing you can do is look at your own truth and not turn away. – Varian Brandon
Truth is about awareness, not judgement. Given that statement, can you appreciate your truth more? Does it change what you tell yourself? Oftentimes, we tell the truth and then go immediately into judging whether it’s good or bad.
What if you suspended that judgement? How would that change your truth? Let us know in the comments below.
Find Varian here: https://www.facebook.com/varian.brandon.3
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Varian’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“Having enough reserves to not fear the natural occurrences in life.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
The Bible, because God is my partner in this wealth building process.
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Varian Brandon and the truth about wealth is that it doesn’t discriminate. It moves in the direction of value and visibility.”
To advertise on the podcast: http://www.patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: http://www.iamapurposechaser.com
Join Patrice’s Pod Club: http://www.patricespodclub.com
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth