What would happen if you gave yourself the chance to approach your finances from a more simplistic place?
This episode is sponsored by the Simplifi by Quicken App at simplifimoney.com, but all thoughts and opinions are of course, my own.
I don’t know about you, but in the past I’ve been one of those people who would overcomplicate things. Fortunately, in 2018, my theme for the year was simplicity. As I practiced that, I gave myself permission to approach life from a more simplistic mindset and it’s now become a part of how I live.
So any time I find a new way to make my life easier, especially when it comes to managing my finances, I want to share it with you with the hopes that it will make your life easier, too.
And today, I’m sharing one of the tools I use on a daily basis to streamline my money and finances and keep everything in one place.
Simplifi by Quicken is designed to help you tackle your money goals. Their app features things from monthly watchlists, so you know when you’re getting close to overspending, to savings and debt trackers that are designed to help you figure out how long it will take to save for X or pay off a credit card.
It’s Simpler Than You Think Takeaways
- Compulsive spending is an unhealthy obsession with spending money to the point where it interferes with your daily life. – Patrice Washington
- When you’re a compulsive spender, you find ways to keep needing to shop, even though you don’t need what you’re buying. – Patrice Washington
- It’s not so much the item you’re buying; it’s the high you get from going to buy that item or from swiping your credit card. – Patrice Washington
- If you’re a compulsive spender, use Simplifi to set monthly watchlists. – Patrice Washington
- The word BUDGET carries a lot of baggage with it, but remember, a budget is literally only numbers on a sheet that are there to guide you. – Patrice Washington
- Stop thinking about a budget in terms of what you can’t do and start thinking about it as a guide for what you can do. – Patrice Washington
- When you have savings goals or you want to pay down debt, you have to be willing to sacrifice something for a season. – Patrice Washington
- Whatever goal you’re working toward, make it specific, set a target date and use something like Simplifi to track your progress. – Patrice Washington
Have you tried Simplifi by Quicken app yet? What are some of your favorite features? What do you think they could they improve or add to the app? I’d love to know. And if you haven’t tried the app yet, what’s stopping you?
Start your free trial at www.simplifimoney.com or download the app at the App Store and Google Play Store and follow along on @simplifimoney in social media!
To advertise on the podcast: http://www.patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: http://www.iamapurposechaser.com
Join Patrice’s Pod Club: http://www.patricespodclub.com
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at email@example.com.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth