Tell me if this sounds familiar: You grind and hustle, exhausting yourself every week. And then you end up further away from the thing God has called you to do. For many people, this is their reality, and it’s one that I’ve lived for too long
That’s why, for me, this year is all about obedience. Thus far, I’ve realized that when I’m disobedient to God’s word, everything goes out of whack. In other words, everything becomes a struggle, and I end up exhausted and burnt out.
In today’s episode, Dr. Shanté Holley, host of the Believe Bigger podcast, zeros in on the idea of disobedience and explains how God is the king of brand affiliation. We also talk about how being obedient doesn’t mean being perfect and how it’s more about committing your heart to follow what God has said to do.
Join us as we go deeper into this discussion, while we look at some examples of disobedience and learn how to shift into obedience.
Today’s episode is brought to you by Command the Stage, a 2-day intimate training created for the next generation of transformational speakers who desire to confidently communicate the message they’ve been called to share with the masses.
How would you like to captivate your audience, attract your tribe, build authority and use speaking from the stage to grow your platform exponentially by becoming more magnetic, more memorable and more powerful? Get more details at patricewashington.com/stage.
The Cost of Disobedience Takeaways
- Obedience is not about perfection, it’s about being committed in your heart to doing what God has said to do. – Dr. Shanté Holley
- We go clamoring to God when we’re in trouble, so when we’ve had a progression of successes it can be easy to drift away from His word. – Dr. Shanté Holley
- God is the king of brand affiliation. He can’t be affiliated with you when you’re out there doing x, y and z while He’s told you to do a, b and c. – Dr. Shanté Holley
- I’m not willing to sacrifice God’s best to be buddy-buddy with people anymore. – Patrice Washington
- When you’re in alignment with what God has for you, you don’t have to hustle and grind, you attract and manifest instead. – Dr. Shanté Holley
- God is not a bully. He’s content to let you go your own way. – Dr. Shanté Holley
- One of the greatest expressions of self-love is to love God. – Dr. Shanté Holley
When you’re in alignment with what God has for you, you don’t have to hustle and grind. With that said, I challenge you to be honest with yourself and determine if you’re operating from a place of obedience or disobedience. Share what comes up for you in the comments below.
Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions
And with that, let’s dig into Shanté’s responses to our Redefining Wealth Rapid Wisdom Questions.
“Being able to answer the call that God has put out to me with an enthusiastic yes.”
Define Wealth in 3 Words or Less:
“Peace. Joy. Obedience.”
One Book that Has Redefined How You See Wealth:
The Power of Vulnerability by Brené Brown
Fill-in the Blanks … “My name is ___ and the truth about wealth is ___”:
“My name is Dr. Shanté Holley and the truth about wealth is that it has absolutely nothing to do with money. True wealth is about being content and at peace with who you are and with the choices you’ve made.”
To advertise on the podcast: http://www.patricewashington.com/podcastads
Become an Official Purpose Chaser: http://www.iamapurposechaser.com
Join Patrice’s Pod Club: http://www.patricespodclub.com
To check out ALL of our past guests + episodes: http://www.patricewashington.com/Listen
If you have questions about booking Patrice or sponsoring the podcast, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find me in Social Media:
Our podcast hashtag is #RedefiningWealth